Watch Islam

Why do I wear a Scarf? - Nicole Queen





I was asked how I began to wear the scarf, and how was I able to have the courage to face the challenges of wearing it? This was my answer, if there are more questions after this please ask, I feel there is nothing better than offering any guidance in the matter of being a woman in Islam. I hope this helps ladies out there...we are all sisters, whether your Muslim or not.

Sister I was moved by your message, so happy to hear from you and will be so happy to offer any guidance through Allah's (God) will. Wearing the hijab was something I never thought I would have the courage to do. When I first converted to Islam, I knew women who wore it had the deepest respect for Islam and closeness for Allah (God) that made all the challenges of the world as simple to face as blinking your eyes. I thought it would take years to reach this level...I really thought of it as some kind of level you had to educate yourself in the teachings to be at, and I thought there was no way I would get there soon. All of the challenges that come with it were so scary to me. America ppl look differently at women who cover. They kinda look at us as if we are oppressed, or that someone forces it on us..."Oh look at that poor sad Muslim woman, I bet her husband makes her wear that, she looks so sad and lifeless, she should let her hair out and be sexy!"...this is sometimes sadly how I looked at Hijabi's (women who cover) too.

When I converted to Islam I was totally obsessed with the women's role in this religion. Who was a woman in Islam? I heard she was nothing; she was just a housewife and had no mind of her own and no respect among her religion. The more I read the more I realized what an uneducated American I was for thinking this way. Islam regards women so high that the most important role in a Muslim family is the role of the woman. She is the controller and support system of the household. Without her the man could never be a success, the children would become an embarrassment to society and there would be no compassion or patience in the family. She is the backbone of this and Islam is all about teaching this to women, that you are the backbone of society. You are the only one who can bear children, have the patience to raise them, care for your mother, and mother-in law in their old age, raise educated beautiful children, and still look beautiful and greet your husband when he comes home with open arms. Now...what does this have to do with wearing the hijab? It is all connected.

When you realize who you are as a Muslim woman; when you truly see how valuable to your family and to your religion that you are, you will see the simplicity of walking around and making it known that you are different. You are a Muslim woman, and now the world will see it. You are held up at the highest esteem because of your religion. You are so valuable, that showing your skin and your beauty out in public creates a disturbance! Men can't help but stare, they are distracted by your beauty they are telling you comments, they are staring at your "rear", or your hair, or your breasts because you are a woman, your built to please men, your beauty though...is a VALUE...not a public auction. When you feel that value is something you only want for yourself, your family, and your husband, instead of for "Joe Smoe who follows you around the grocery store trying to catch a glance at your "goodies"'...then you will cover proudly and you will feel more beautiful than you have ever felt in your life.

When I realized how valuable Islam has created me to be, as a woman...I was so ashamed for the way I dressed and flaunted my beauty before. I was ashamed that I was not able to give my future husband my virginity. I was so ashamed that the man I love more than anyone is this world...would always know that other men also saw the same things he saw. How can I think I am a valuable respectful woman, if I walk around showing everyone the same things that I show the people who are closest to me in my life. Are they equal to the people I work with? Do I owe the men in my office the ability to see my beautiful hair?

Some people think "what's the big deal about seeing your hair?" If you dress modest all over your body and only show your face, hands and hair...what's the big deal with that...Hair is not sexy, it's not wrong to show your hair. Well Sisters, and non Muslim sisters out there...THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HOW SEXY AND BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE...WHEN YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SCARF AROUND YOUR FACE...AND YOU HAVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL HAIR BLOWING IN THE WIND...YOU ARE SO VALUABLE...YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL YOUR HAIR IS VERY SEXY...DON'T GIVE THAT AWAY TO PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST GOING TO LOOK AT YOU AS AN OBJECT...PLEASE OFFER SOMETHING TO YOUR HUSBAND THAT NO MAN GETS...SHOW YOUR FAMILY THAT SIDE OF YOU...THEY ARE MORE SPECIAL THAN YOUR COWORKERS AND THE PEOPLE OUT ON THE STREETS.

This is how I was able to wear the scarf. I am told I look so respectful and so beautiful in this hijab, by the same people who previously saw me covered in makeup...wearing tight sexy low cut tops, short skirts and heels, and letting that hair flow. They saw all these parts of me, and they never thought I looked more VALUABLE, SPECIAL, and PURE then when I covered it all up. Think you will not feel beautiful anymore? Watch my sisters, watch how many doors are opened for you after you cover, watch how many little girls smile at you and say how pretty you look when they walk by with their Mom's, and watch the admiration for your courage in the eyes of your family and the man you love will never think you are more sexy, then when he knows that you will show him all the beauty you possess, and wear whatever you want for him only, but when you walk out that door...YOUR A QUEEN, AND AS A QUEEN YOU GUARD YOUR BEAUTY IN THE PUBLIC EYES...This is the guidance I offer you if your thinking to cover. This is the information I give you if you don't know much about why we cover...and when you feel so respectful for yourself, and so valuable...what other people think, will simply not matter...YOU ARE FREE.

Posted in |

0 ulasan: